The premise of this Bridge Outreach project is simple. Using specially designed banners, small groups of pro-life activists stationed on carefully selected highway overpasses in American cities will reach hundreds of thousands of motorists during the rush hours on the day the Dobbs v. Jackson ruling is officially released with the message, “Abortion takes a human life.”
What is required of Bridges Leaders?
If you would like to serve as an OverturnRoe Bridge Leader in your area, you must be willing to:
- Collaborate with the the team at OverturnRoe to select a suitable highway bridge in your area for this project.
- Assemble a small team of five or more individuals (including yourself) to display banners on the day the ruling is released for 2-3 hours, ideally during the morning or afternoon rush hour (be sure to check your local sunrise and sunset times).
- Invest in a Pro-Life Banner Kit (discounted price of $125, includes 2 banners and frames, complete instructions, and shipping).
You can find detailed instructions on all that’s involved in coordinating your Bridge Outreach here.
Are there any safety or legal concerns for this project?
No: Our First Amendment right to display pro-life banners on highway overpasses has been clearly established by the federal courts (in fact, our own legal team won one of those cases!). Also, the Banner Kits engineered for this project are extremely sturdy and secure, and are essentially no different from any road sign or billboard.
How do I select my bridge?
You do not need to have a highway overpass in mind before you register to be a local Bridge Leader. Staff from Pro-Life Action League (co-sponsor of OverturnRoe) will work with each local leader to select a suitable location. The ideal highway overpass for this project will have sidewalks on both sides; nearby parking for your team; no obstructing signage or fencing; and multiple lanes on the highway below, with significant traffic during rush hour.
What is included with my Pro-Life Banner Kit?
Each local leader for National Pro-Life Bridges Day will receive a complete Pro-Life Banner Kit, including:
- Two 3′ x 6′ pro-life banners (one for each direction of traffic)
- Two pre-assembled frames
- Bungees and zip ties for affixing the banners to the frames
- A complete instruction packet
Where can I find complete instructions for a Bridge Outreach?
The Pro-Life Action League offers comprehensive instructions on conducting an effective Bridge Outreach here. In addition, your Banner Kit will ship with a set of assembly instructions and other helpful documentation.